Many, many myths abound regarding new California traffic laws for 2007. A Snopes.com article lays it all out, elaborating on the MYTHS listed below. In the event that you can’t access the article on line, click here for an Adobe Acrobat version of the article. Each of the following "new laws" is FALSE
1. Carpool lane – 1st time $1068.50 starting 7/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old). Don’t do it again because 2nd time is going to be double. 3rd time triple, and 4th time license suspended.
2. Incorrect lane change – $380. Don’t cross the lane on solid lines or intersections.
3. Block intersection – $485
4. Driving on the shoulder – $450
5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. – Double fine as of 07/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
6. Passengers over 18 not in their seat belts – both passengers and drivers get tickets .
7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.
8. DUI = JAIL (Stays on your driving record for 10 years!)
9. As of 07/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving. Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy – easy money for police department.
The Law Office of Lowell Steiger represents injury victims. Free consultation.
Please contact Attorney Lowell Steiger by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (323) 852-1100.
Treated With the Respect That You Deserve