I found this graphically enlightening video on www.youtube.com : Understanding the Severe Forces in Motor Vehicle Crashes, A Non Profit Educational Public Service Mini Movie, August 3, 2007. Edited by Matt Flournoy of Marietta, Georgia.
Quoting from the copy that accompanies the article:
1) It should not be called a motor vehicle accident. It should be called a motor vehicle crash, collision or wreck.
2) The force of a crash is measured by the Delta V (the change of velocity).
3) The human body is not designed to handle the severe forces (as much as four tons) generated in a motor vehicle crash.
3) There are actually three collisions in one crash.
4) Rapid deceleration (such as 50 MPH to 0 in a few feet) causes injury to the human body.
The Law Office of Lowell Steiger Represents Injured Victims
If you have suffered a Personal Injury, Call for a Free Consultation
Contact Attorney Lowell Steiger at (323) 852-1100
or via e-mail at email@example.com
"Treated With the Respect That You Deserve"