10 Hot Hands Free Devices to Comply With New Hands Free Cell Phone Laws
Published On: July 27, 2008
From practical to stylish, high tech companies worldwide are developing and marketing new hands-free devices to help you comply with the new hands-free cell phone laws in various states in the union. Being an attorney who represents injured people, I’m thrilled to see the proliferation of these devices. I can’t tell you how many clients will come to me after a devastating car accident and say “She/he was on the cell phone and didn’t see me.” It reminds me of a case that I had several years ago where my client was rear-ended by a guy who was watching a DVD while driving in the fast lane of the 101!
I found a great article on Channel Web entitled 10 Hot Hands-Free Devices for Cell Phone Law Compliance. They list the following devices (click on each one for detailed information or click here to view individual photos of these devices!):
- Plantronics Voyager 520, around $40
- Sennheiser VMX 120, around $189
- Jabra JX 10 Series, around $70
- Ford Sync, built into various Ford products
- Aliph’s New Jawbone, around $100
- Parrott Mini-Kit, $50-80
- Magellan Maestro 3140, around $140-400 (GPS with Bluetooth!)
- Motorola T605, around $150 (music and Bluetooth)
- Anycom Solar Bluetooth Kit, around $80 (yep, it’s solar powered)
- BlueAnt Supertooth Light, around $90
You know how I’m always ranting and raving about driving hands-free. Heck, I don’t expect you to not talk while driving (that’d be saying “do as I say, not as I do”) but, please, go hands-free and keep both hands on the steering wheel. Please don’t let this happen to you or a loved one.