Distracted Driving Kills! 10 Most Dangerous Habits
Published On: March 23, 2014
Distracted driving maims and kills innocent people. Most people think of distracted driving as texting while driving — and they’re right. Yet, as this video relates, there are so many more forms of distracted driving.
Top 10 Most Dangerous Habits
- Talking on the Cell Phone
- Watching Roadside Diversions / Rubbernecking
- Adjusting On Board Electronics
- Drowsy Driving
- Yelling at the Kids
- Focusing on Your Pets
- Grooming, Shaving, Putting on Make-Up
- Eating & Drinking
Distracted Driving Links
- Governors Highway Safety Association: Distracted Driving Laws By State!
- Travelers Insurance: Distracted Driving Increases Accident Risk
- Drive-Safely.net: The 10 Most Dangerous Foods to Eat While Driving
- New York Times: Pets and Distracted Driving
- ABC News: One of the Worst Driving Distractions – Your Kids!
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Research on Drowsy Driving
- StreetsBlog USA: Voluntary Guidelines for Onboard Electronic Devices
- Wikipedia: Rubbernecking
- Fox News: Daydreaming Top Cause of Major Accidents
When you are driving, the condition of the roadway you are on and the behavior of other drivers can change abruptly, leaving you little or no time to react. When you are driving, follow these rules:
- Stay focused.
- Pay attention.
- Expect the unexpected.
As always, I’m here for all of your legal needs. If your issue is something other than personal injury, then I have a great network of attorneys personally vetted by me to whom I can refer you.
Lowell Steiger, Attorney at Law