Road Rage Can Be Deadly: Graphic Photos, Videos
Published On: August 10, 2008
I started thinking about road rage this morning when I read an article about an incident that recently happened in Florida. The woman, whose picture you see to your left, got a little upset when her boyfriend got into a road rage altercation with another driver and stabbed him to death! WPTV.com reports that “Sheriff’s detectives arrested Anusha Bissoon (DOB 2/22/80) at 1:30 this morning, which was half an hour after incident, which began as a fight over tailgating.” Read the entire police report by clicking here.
Wikipedia provides a pretty thorough discussion of road rage. Of interest to you will probably be some of the things that cause a road rage incident to accelerate:
- Generally aggressive driving, including sudden acceleration, braking, and close tailgating.
- Cutting others off in a lane, or deliberately preventing someone from merging.
- Sounding the vehicle’s horn or flashing lights excessively.
- Rude gestures (such as the finger).
- Shouting verbal abuse or threats.
- Intentionally causing a collision between vehicles.
- Exiting the car to attempt to start a confrontation, including striking someone else’s vehicle with an object.
- Threatening to use or using a firearm or other deadly weapon.
- Get your zzz’s
- Plan ahead
- Your car is not a therapist
- Turn down the bass
- Loosen up, then breathe
- It’s not about
- Hostility is toxic, and risky
- Use restaurant etiquette
- Take the self-test
- Practice kindnessThrowing projectiles from a moving vehicle with the intent of damaging other vehicles.Obviously, I don’t need to tell you that road rage is illegal. Road ragers can, and will, be held legally responsible for the consequences of their actions. Since road rage can lead to assault, battery, mayhem and even murder, road ragers should beware! A mild-mannered accountant could wind up n Sing-Sing auditing the prison’s books because of one night of rage.You will be fascinated by the videos, graphic photos and literature (click on the links below) about the road rage phenomenon. I must warn you that many of the videos have graphic language
Interesting Links and More Videos
Road Rage Graphic Photo Album (Lowell Steiger’s Los Angeles Law Blog)
Three Driving Studies: How to Avoid Succumbing to Road Rage (AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety)
San Diego Man Beaten in Road Rage Incident: Two road ragers beat up the victim who was hospitalized with severe head injuries (SignonSanDiego.com)
Florida Councilman John Lepley Found Guilty of Road Rage (TheLedger.com) Here’s the story:
A jury found a Davenport city councilman guilty Thursday of reaching into a Jeep and grabbing a 19-year-old man by the throat during a road rage incident last year. Jurors spent about 40 minutes deliberating before finding John Lepley guilty of battery and assault, both misdemeanors.Polk County Judge Timothy Coon sentenced Lepley to a year of probation and 100 hours of community service. He must also write a letter of apology to the motorist, Brent Burns, and complete an anger management class. Read full story here
Is Road Rage a Mental Disorder? (About.com)