Thanksgiving 2007 Links
Published On: November 18, 2007
The website www.usa.gov provides many useful Thanksgiving Day Resources:
- Air Travel Status – The Federal Aviation Administration offers easy ways for you to check airport status and get delay information, in real time as changes happen.
- Air Travel Tips from the Transportation Security Administration – Tips from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) that ensure a brief, yet thorough, security experience at any of the airports serviced by TSA.
- Food for the Holidays – Tips and ideas to help you plan and prepare healthy, crowd-pleasing food for this holiday season.
- November Is American Indian Heritage Month – Find a calendar of events, special venues and exhibits, teacher resources and more about American Indian Heritage Month.
- Out-of-This-World Thanksgiving – Explore the Thanksgiving experience in space, which usually includes rehydrated turkey and mashed potatoes.
- Recipes from and for Americans – Healthy recipes; collections and publications; kids’ recipes; cooking for a crowd…
- Send Your Thanks to the U.S. Military – Send care packages, donate calling cards, or write letters of gratitude to American military members.
- Teacher Resources: Thanksgiving in American Memory – Features and activities for students and teachers about the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Thanksgiving at the White House – Watch the annual pardoning of the Thanksgiving turkey, read an interactive chat with the White House “Turkey Guy,” and discover the history of Thanksgiving at the White House.
- Thanksgiving Facts and Statistics – Last year, the major pumpkin-producing states brought us 1.1 billion pounds of pumpkins. Read more about pumpkins and other Thanksgiving fun facts from the Census Bureau.
- Thanksgiving in America – Explore the history of the Thanksgiving holiday in North America.
- Turkey Basics: Alternate Turkey Cooking Methods – Discover alternative ways to cook your turkey this Thanksgiving, including: grilling, smoking, cooking in a brown paper bag, and more.
- Turkey Basics: Cooking Safely – Learn the basics of cooking turkey safely this Thanksgiving.
- Volunteer for the Holidays – Find information about public service and volunteer opportunities in your community.
- Vote to Name the National Thanksgiving Turkey – Cast your vote to name the National Thanksgiving Turkey and alternate.