What To Do If You’re In An Accident
Published On: October 29, 2006
Things to Do If You’re Involved in an Auto Accident
Then get the following information:
- Name, address and phone number of other driver(s) involved in the accident
- Driver’s license number of other driver(s) involved in the accident
- Insurance information of other driver(s) involved in the accident, name of insurance company, policy number
- Registered owner information of other vehicles involved in the accident
- If any of the other drivers appears to be on the job for a company, get the name of that company
- Passengers in other vehicles? Get their names, addresses, phone numbers
- Actual location of accident (street, intersection, exact address, if possible)
- Witness information: Names, addresses, phone numbers
- Jot down basic information such as weather conditions, street condition, traffic (light, medium, heavy), time of day that accident happened
Keep a camera in your car at all times (disposable is just fine). Take pictures of the cars, people, scene.
Very Important: Do not speak to anyone other than your doctor(s) without the advice of an attorney. In particular, DO NOT give a statement to any insurance company, recorded or not, without the advice of an attorney.